Laundry That Works For You
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries entered the commercial laundry business in November 1996 with the purchase of an existing laundry facility. Our goal was to be able to provide more job opportunities for people with barriers to employment – particularly those with disabilities. Today, over 75% of our workforce at our Laundry facility are people with disabilities.
From the beginning, Goodwill was able to process it’s initial poundage of 600,000. The 600,000 pounds of laundry grew over the years. In 2009, Goodwill is processing over 6.5 million pounds of laundry for our customers.
With the growth of the laundry business, the facility on Princess Anne Street quickly outgrew the building. In 2003, RGI moved into it’s new 24,000 square foot laundry plant, which today is located on 480 Central Road, Fredericksburg.
Goodwill provides laundry services for the health care and hospitality industries to include the laundering of linens, hospital gowns, surgical gowns, towels, wash cloths, table cloths, napkins, and aprons. Some of Goodwill’s health care clients are George Washington University Hospital, Howard University Hospital, United Medical Center, Washington Radiology Associates, National Institute of Health, United States Department of Agriculture & the Pentagon.
Goodwill also has several federal government customers such as Ft. Myers, Ft. Belvoir, the Pentagon, Andrews Air Force Base, Fort A.P. Hill, the FBI Training Academy at Marine Corps Base, Quantico and Air Force One and Two.
Why Goodwill Laundry Is Good For You
- Concierge service to customize linen/laundry service to your facility-we meet the unique demands of your organization
- Highest quality of goods and services-RGI uses world class suppliers for their goods and no compromise approach to our quality
- Responsive customer service- we cut the frustration by receiving your calls in person and alleviating issues quickly
- Community based- we are a part of the Goodwill family of business services and as such are intimately involved in the communities we serve, especially providing opportunities to those with disabilities. Relationships and partnerships matter to us.
RGI Laundry for Your Base-wide Laundry Needs
Broad experience serving military installations in the National Capital Region:
- Andrews Air Force Base (including Air Force 1 & 2)
- Marine Corp Base Quantico
- Fort Belvoir
- Fort Myer
- Bolling Air Force Base
- Patuxent Naval Air Station
- Fort Pickett
- Virginia Air National Guard
We process all organizational gear from napkins and pillowcases to parkas and sleep systems.
We pick up and deliver to key points/activities on at your installation
We are an AbilityOne community rehabilitation program offering training and employment opportunities to persons with disabilities including our veterans.
If you would like more information about Rappahannock Goodwill’s Laundry Services, please e-mail Douglas Jett or call our Laundry offices at 540-372-3934 in Fredericksburg, VA.